Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quilted Decadence

Tonight Brave Heart Volunteers are hosting a huge birthday party at the Channel Club.  The fundraising event includes an elegant dinner followed by a dance party with live music.  They are also hosting a birthday cake contest. 
I wanted to create an elegant cake with flair for this event.  I also wanted to include something that represents the Brave Heart Volunteer organization.  After a few sketches I decided upon a black and white theme with a red fantasy flower accent.  Quilting looks so beautiful on cakes and this was my opportunity to give it a try!

The cake is a rich chocolate cake from scratch with a vanilla buttercream.  I used marshmallow fondant to cover the cakes.  The heart and red flower are made from gumpaste. 


Come to the Channel Club tonight and support a great organization!
Amanda


1 comment: