Saturday, January 1, 2011

Shoot for the Stars in 2011! Happy New Year!

Caramel frosting and chocolate ganache make this cake one to remember!  The bottom tier is a 12" round torted with caramel frosting and the top tier is a 9" round.  I made the chocolate ganache with a three to one ratio semi-sweet chocolate to whipping cream.  It was a little thick to pour but it set up well and was easy to pipe. I added a couple tablespoons of butter to the ganache to help with the shine.


All of the decorations are gumpaste.  I made these a few days early so that they would dry and stand up on the cake.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. And delicious it was! People want to know if I can give them your phone number....one comment was "Will she make ME one of these? I don't care how much it costs." :)

    ReplyDelete